Why become Google Edu ‘Certified?’
The Google Educator Certifications showcase your knowledge and application of innovative tools and techniques to engage learners and promote a 21st century collaborative learning environment. Educators that use Google Apps for Education have a strong collaborative network where knowledge is shared, problems are solved and successes are celebrated together. Becoming a Certified Educator gives you recognition for your hard work and expertise. The training and exams are performance based that focus on real world classroom application.
This is a great preparation for further certification opportunities. Google Certified Innovators lead change in their communities and Google Certified Trainers lead training and professional development worldwide. Each certification has it’s own set of requirements, benefits, and expectation to maintain. This course will cover each of these so participants can purposefully select the best path and objectives to meet their needs.
Our one or two day Google Education Certification courses help prepare you to complete the certification process which is comprised of hands on training & a performance based exam. Both one and two day courses offer preparation training with the two day option providing more time for hands on activities and time to take the exam in the afternoon of Day 2.
Our courses are fun, engaging and educational and the first and most important thing to stress is not to be scared of the tests. We will help you prepare for success!
What is the format of the certification process and our ‘preparation training’?
Based on numerous successful engagements running the certification course with schools and colleges worldwide we have developed what we feel is the optimum process to help get candidates through the certification process quickly and successfully.
In terms of the time needed to complete the certification process this will vary from individual to individual. Our goal is that you be prepared to begin your exams by the end of the course day and pass them. Many of participants leave and share with our new PLN that they have successfully completed one or more of the exams. It is important, however, that you prepare adequately and make sure you have reviewed all of the training materials. The Pre~certification boot camps are not an introduction to Google Apps for Education. It is expected that attendees have baseline working knowledge of at least gMail, Google Drive, and the Chrome browser.
Reasons to take the ‘Preparation Training’ with AppsEvents
- Higher chance of completing the program: Of course you can work through the online training independently, but the dropout rate is high. With our hands on, collaborative course, we provide almost all the educators who start our process complete it.
- Experience: We have run successful training session at many schools and colleges worldwide, including Southbank School London, Oak Hill College London, International School of Prague, Pechersk School Kiev, American School of Bangkok, Riverside School, British School of El Salvador, International School of Dakar
- Networking: our sessions are great ways to make new contacts with forward thinking EdTech experts both within International Schools and beyond.
- We also guide the users through additional certifications possible and how to achieve them.
What is the Agenda for Level 1?
- Google Educator Certification Program ~ About, Resources & Requirements
- Fundamental Activities include mastering essentials skills using:
- Chrome Account Management & Advanced Settings
- ‘Keep’ Organized
- Create ‘Classroom’ and Distribute Docs Easily
- Drive Management & Sharing
- Documents Basics for Learning & Collaboration
- Slides Basics for Facilitating Learning & Collaboration
- Sheets Basics for Managing Data (Sort, Formatting Graphs)
- Hangouts (text & video) for Communication & Sharing
- Calendar Managing Events and Calendars
- Forms for Facilitating Learning with Quizzes
- Curating & Sharing video resources with You Tube Playlists
- Search Skills
- Creating Sites to Communicate with parents & students online
- Groups as an alternative means of discussion
How do I register for the training?
Go to www.appsevents.com. select the course you are interested in and go to the ‘registration’ page.
Who is the course suitable for?
- The course is suitable for educators in both the K-12 school and Higher Education sectors
- The course is suitable for teachers/lecturers, school/college administrators and IT Managers and staff
Where can I find more information?