WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone who wants to become a stronger, more effective and influential communicator. This event is perfect for school administration (HR, Admissions, Business Offices, Communications, Advancement, and other support staff roles within your school)
In this session, we will look at:
- Harnessing the power of collaboration
- Quality conversations and challenging conversations
- Developing a service mind-set
- Problem solving
- Developing quality communications
- Self-awareness and strengths
- Stress – Getting Out of Overwhelm
We will begin by exploring how communication begins with an understanding of yourself. During the session, we will look at, the Belbin Psychometric testing exercise to explore strengths, weaknesses and where you fit into your team, Johari Window — opportunities from self-awareness, your beliefs, values and behaviours, your Inner Voice, how body language can make a difference and how important communication is.
This session will cover:
- Body Language & Voice
- Listening Skills
- Assistants as Connectors
- Productive Office Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Emotional Intelligence
- Different workstyles – flexible communication for different personality types
- Taking control without taking over
Quality conversations and challenging conversations
Whether you are building a relationship by passing the time of day, setting expectations, dealing with conflict, managing projects or setting performance goals, these are all conversations that take place with a wider outcome in mind; performance improvement.
So, why should you be concerned with measuring the quality of your conversations? To improve the performance of your team and organisation .. and of course, your own performance.
Research shows that teams of people and organisations of all sizes can improve their performance through conversations by making some simple changes. In this session we will look at how you can
- Get interested and ask questions
- Proactively listen to people and hear what they are saying
- Understand the power of autonomy
- Agreeing what sort of support you require and how often
- Understand transactional outcomes – each conversation is a transaction. Identify what you would like to achieve with each transaction and tell the other parties before you get started
- Feel the fear of conflict … and do it anyway!
- Emotional intelligence – what is really being said and how to understand it
This session will visit some classic decision making and problem solving processes to ensure you have the confidence to look at all the options and weigh up the alternatives.
Harnessing the power of collaboration
- Learn the differences between collaboration and teamwork
- Be aware of the challenges of collaboration
- Create an in-house professional community that can move mountains
You hold a unique position within your organization which allows you to participate in true cross-department collaboration in a way that almost no other job role does. So why do most continue to operate in silos when collaboration is so good for the organisation? Could it be that this is because we are confused between collaboration and teamwork? The two are not only very different skill sets but are not in any way interchangeable.
Stress – Getting Out of Overwhelm
And finally, we will talk about how you achieve all of this without blowing a fuse.
- Why is managing your stress important?
- What are the signs?
- Work:Life Balance
- How to avoid burnout
- Become a stronger, more effective and influential commutator
- Understand the role and how you can add value to your organisation
- Enhance your communication skills, understand body language & explore emotional intelligence
- Learn how to build powerful professional partnerships
- Increase your productivity
- Explore processes for problem-solving, decision-making & project management
- Learn to deal with multitasking, stress and overwhelm